Hello one and all!

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
azurial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello one and all!

Postby azurial » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:53 am

Hello every one! I've been FDM printing for a little over a 3 years now and have recently started to wander into the world of researching SLA printing, not unlike any one here. That said, im looking into a few specifics because i've hit something of a dead-end on my research that I just can't seem to get past.

I have a few LCD displays that I'd like to use for a bottom-up style printer, working on a frame and looking for a decent LED array, but my real question is this:

When using an LCD screen to cure resins, what should I be looking for? Is it necessary to remove any layers of film and/or seperate any glass layers? Is there a way to use the screen as is and still maintain a good level of resolution as a beginner?

If it helps in the long run, I'm looking to use a Hannstar display (found here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-VGA-2AV-LC ... SwLVZV2EUX ) or an Innolux display that matches the same dimensions/resolution (i'm not certain of the backlight brightness in comparasion to eachother).

Thanks for your help in advance.

hp_

Re: Hello one and all!

Postby hp_ » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi azurial,

Having a off-the-shelve LCD without changing it is the least work ofcourse.
there is a specific Resin that will work with standard LCD panels.

things to lookout for is the contract ratio and the brightness and resolution of an LCD panel.

* The higher the resolution the better quality the print

* Brightness that i have been looking for in LCD panels is arround 1000 nits. the brightness of the lcd panel is the key parameter that is linked to print speeds.. the lower the brightness the slower your printing speed will be.

I've been looking at these pannels:

or a smaller lcd pannel.. see attachement
YXD101301000 LVDS interface (1).PDF
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 795 times
for a 10.1 inc lcd panel

and

Cheers,
hp_

azurial

Postby azurial » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:30 am

Thanks for the info! Is there any way to test the LCD brightness before continuing with my build or a should I simply just start trial and error?

If I do go trial and error, what kinds of resin should I look for? Anything that pro forms well for under $50 USD a liter?

hp_

Postby hp_ » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:02 pm

the 10.1 inch lcd panel is being used by photocentric 3d and they use daylight resin