MiiCraft+ 3d Dlp resin printer, any experiences?

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
spkt0r
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MiiCraft+ 3d Dlp resin printer, any experiences?

Postby spkt0r » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello all
I was looking for a resin printer that can print at XY resolution: 450 ppi (56 micron) resolution, (I want to be able to print a 20mm figurine and be able to see facial expression on it) so I came across the Miicraft+ these are the specs

Build Size: 43mm x 27mm x 180mm
XY resolution: 56 microns
Z-axis resolution: A. 5 microns as a step from 5~200 microns
B. 30/50/100 microns with MiiCraft Resin
Speed 3cm/hour @ 100microns/z axis
2cm/hour @ 50microns/z axis
1cm/hour @ 30microns/z axis

This also has a continuous resin refill system which I think is pretty cool and it’s a Pico DLP that’s the light source.

There was also a few others I was looking at like the Projet 1200 (which I feel is way overpriced, my opinion) and they have this “interesting cartridge system” for their resin (which is also overpriced), and im trying to figure out which of the two above ripped off the others design.

The Little RP (of course that’s how I found this forum) which I love, but for the fact that I have to get a DLP as opposed to it being built in. I was looking for something small and portable, and I love the idea of using pico dlp (there so cute, or maybe ill mod the littleRP with a pico dlp? :o ).

So my question for the community here is.

1) Has anyone had hands on experience with the MiiCraft or MiiCraft+?

2) Does anyone have suggestions on any other resin printers that come close to the 450 ppi resolution that’s priced under $2,500usd?

Thank you

I haven’t looked threw the forum so I don’t know if there is a review or thread on the Miicraft, but im looking.

hp_

Re: MiiCraft+ 3d Dlp resin printer, any experiences?

Postby hp_ » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:02 am

Hi spkt0r,

we own a Miicraft and have been printing with it allot over the last years.

the auto refill works really nice.
also the software with the older version is opensource so you can feed your own specified sliced files.
standard miicraft (old version) doesn't supply anti aliassing but you can arrange this yourself.

the old miicraft had 2 settings - 50 micron slices and 100 micron.
the printer always printed pretty solid. we are happy with it only for use the build area was to small.

cheers,

hp

jwlrymkr

Postby jwlrymkr » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:57 pm

Check out the Solus printer. I am printing at 25 microns XYZ and getting fantastic results.
Not affiliated, just a happy customer.

spkt0r

Postby spkt0r » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:44 pm

DAMN!!
just found out that the Miicraft+ had a jump in price from $2,299 to "$2500" that's just a base model and then they said i have to decide what trays i want with that. The way i found this out was weird, i had to have a friend of mine email with his account. They answered him right away with the price, when I emailed them from my account i made the mistake (I Guess) of adding in the website where i first found out about their printer it was on http://www.3ders.org/pricecompare/3dpri ... spx?ID=125 and in that site the price was $2,299.

so after sending them 4 emails the last one i wrote was something to the effect of sorry for the confusion but i would like to purchase a printer from you. they still haven't gotten back to me. Its a little frustrating, especially when your trying to do an impulse buy :lol:

jwlrymkr thank you im going to go check it out.

jkao

Postby jkao » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:15 pm

As an owner of one, I would heartily recommend the Kudo3D Titan 1 (http://www.kudo3d.com). It is a little more expensive, at $2999, but that includes the projector and a vat.

Plus, you can simply order it (and any additional things you want like resin or spare vats) directly off their website.

TonyMake

Postby TonyMake » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:07 pm

I think that you can check FlashForge Dreamer, it is awesome printer actually!
Here it is :
it costs something about 1k USD but it worth it.