My School Project - Bottom Up DLP 3D printer

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stustu242
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My School Project - Bottom Up DLP 3D printer

Postby stustu242 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:16 am

Hi all from Australia.

I have made two FFF style RepRaps in the past, although this year I decided I wanted to build a DLP 3D printer.

I would like to share my design here to contribute back to the community.

Specs:
• Bottom Up
• Acer H6510BD
• 45° first surface mirror (horizontal projector)
• 20x20 T-slot aluminium extrusion frame construction
• Nema 17 Z axis drive with 8mm Metric Acme lead screw
• RAMPS 1.4
• 300W PC PSU

Using the Kudo3D PSP vat and build platform to simplify things.

Only got one successful print before I destroyed my expensive vat, a little fox, which has some problems and needs a lot of calibration still.

Using FunToDo Standard Blend Black Resin and Creation Workshop

I have created the model in AutoCAD, which the .dwg can be downloaded here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/797 ... 0Plans.dwg

As part of the school project I have written around 15,000 words of writeup, although it is not something I would publish here as it is very much based on project criteria, and not written in a way I would write online.

I don't have much time to write at the moment, but if you have any feedback or questions, I will respond :)

- Stuart

elgambitero

Re: My School Project - Bottom Up DLP 3D printer

Postby elgambitero » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:35 am

Looks pretty good! A working machine as school project is a very cool project. Congratulations and good luck.

I have a question, does that vslot configuration stand rigid against the bending forces that come from the platform? I'm thinking about using them in the next iteration of my machine, but I'm worried that they will have too much play, and add noise into the (hopefully) linear movement of the platform.

Greetings.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Very Nice!
-Steve

redonix76

Postby redonix76 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Hello,

Great build!! I currently have a top down, but looking to convert to a bottom up. what issue are you running into? Is it the vat from Kudo? Are you having any problems focusing with the use of a mirror?

stustu242

Postby stustu242 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:49 am

stustu242

Postby stustu242 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:03 am

stustu242

Postby stustu242 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:22 am

redonix76

Postby redonix76 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:18 pm