PiDish 3D Printer

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
alg
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PiDish 3D Printer

Postby alg » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:57 pm

I'd like to thank this forum for all the questions others asked which brought responses I have used to solve MANY of my print issues. I'm still working on a problem with bottom-side blur / light bleed-through, which I've ordered more pigment from Makerjuice to solve.

I built my printer myself, and have a Raspberry Pi 2 directly connected to a stepper motor driver. Because of this setup, I coded my printer in Python. I use Creation Workshop as a slicer and sometimes to place supports when I don't feel like doing them in AutoCAD. Thanks Steve for the wonderful software!

If you'd like to know more, I have blogged my progress throughout the summer. I would have introduced myself and the project sooner if this forum didn't already answer all my questions.

Here are my favorite prints so far, with the dice being a comparison of continuous printing:
Attachments
endcapv1fit.jpg
Dice6.jpg
GearDisassembled.jpg

sodium

Re: PiDish 3D Printer

Postby sodium » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:50 pm

very interesting blog. good work!