another one!

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
sodium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: another one!

Postby sodium » Mon May 11, 2015 1:32 pm

hi again.
thinking about the reason always the parts printed in the left side of the plate was broken, or miss parts, or fall into the vat, i build another perforated plate, this time, 6 mm thick, and checking against a glass plate, i think is perfectly flat.

scratching my head and checking again the failed prints, voila!, i see a spherical pattern and think inmmediately in the shutter shape.
i suspect, and this night i willk check it, the shutter is not completely open when the projector show the slice. i bet my right ball :lol: this is the problem.
im gonna introduce some delay, maybe 500ms in the pre-lift section, just after the M280 command to open the shutter, and another 500 ms delay before close the shutter.
Attachments
IMG_20150511_184726.jpg
IMG_20150511_183932.jpg

octanees

Postby octanees » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:14 pm

Awesome work Sodium, I am Really impressed!!! :) I love the way for solving your linear actuator.
The plastic obturator over lenses seems to be made by plastic compound????, be careful, because is accidentally melted by the light heat, would be drop melted over the lenses...and you can have a BIG problem with that.
For unstick the failing prints, firstly is better to clean of liquid resin and with a elastic ball(tennis ball or simmilar) you carefully press with the ball on the opposite side of the stick printed fail and Voila! :D
I like your good solution for reducing the suction on build VAT, dilling with holes!!
I tested that on the past but sometimes was really a pain for clean all holes when is cured, that system is used on some expensive machines, but they solving that issue with a "male" and "female" build Vat, one with holes(same as your VAT), and the other one that fits on holes is with small cilinder elongations that match with the holes of the build VAT,jus only need to press and all holes is cleaned. 8-)

sodium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sodium » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:14 pm