$10 Top Down Build SLA. Testing for Bottom Up Build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
mystamo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: $10 Top Down Build SLA. Testing for Bottom Up Build

Postby mystamo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 pm

Hey guys,

Those projectors would not output any UV as they are using LED lights. We use DLP projectors not because the DLP causes curing but because of the way light is displayed out of the projector without going through a filter such as LCD in LCD projectors.

With a MOD to the LED to UV, these projectors may work. But I'm not very experienced with this sort of thing.. I made my printer the way I made it so that it would require as little mucking around as possible on the projector side of things. My focus is 3D printing, not projector modding.

I didn't have time this weekend to put together the detailed assembly video and notes on the printer as promised. I'll try and find some time this week.

Regards,

Mo

Mikey3D
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mikey3D » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:19 am

Hi, My question is we only can use ACER projector which you used or we can use any projector without any modification?

mystamo

Postby mystamo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:55 am

Hey,

No real way of telling what projector will work or not. You will need to try it.

Some projectors need their UV filters removed on the bulb only, Some need the color wheel removed. Some need both and some need none.

You can only really see if it works by trying to cure a drop of resin on a surface in some particular time interval. With the projector about a foot away from what you're curing, you should only need about 3-5s to cure.

From what I'm noticing, Acer are UV outputting machines. The color wheel doesn't seem to take from the UV much and the UV filter on the bulb still lets through plenty of UV.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mo

FR3Dprint

Postby FR3Dprint » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:56 pm

All projectors I'd tested works fine. This mostly depends on the resin. Some needs to modify the projector (UV filters) others not (as FunToDo resins).

filmcafe

Postby filmcafe » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:23 am

Hi Mo - just wondering how your 'how to' guide is coming on - I'm itching to get my Arduino up and running! Cheers

morpheus3000

Postby morpheus3000 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:40 am

i've problems with connections. Can you help me?

I've arduino uno
A4988 driver Stepper
DVD Drive Laser Rail
12AWG

I did not understand how to connect all components and what changes to make to the firmware (CreationWorkshopToStepperInterpreterStepDir_v12).
how can i use it exluding motor tilt?

fatesalign

Postby fatesalign » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Hello, I was wondering how the updated instructions were going. I'd love to put this together.

wirelessguyny

Postby wirelessguyny » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm starting a new build but have some CDROM related question. I've started w new thread here. If anyone thinks that can help out or has suggestions please let me know.

Check it out here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3321&p=10977#p10977

Thanks.

wirelessguyny

Postby wirelessguyny » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:42 pm

I think that I'm not the only one intrigued by Mystamo's simple design and I've acquired everything I need to put this thing together (accept for the knowledge!!!)

I've seen some others here ask about a how-to document and I've yet to see anything posted. Being the anxious person I am, I figured that perhaps we can collectively crowd-source it any save Mystamo some effort. So I present to you the attached file, the Unofficial $10 3D SLA How-to Build log that I'm working on.

Its posted in WORD .DOC format but if you run in to any strange formatting it's because I used Open Office which has been known to do some strange things.

// UPDATE:I've updated the v 0.1 doc here to 0.2

UPDATE#2: I've updated the doc to v0.3 now. I've shifted the pins in both my HOWTO and the code sample to better match the URL toward the end which links to HTLs code for interfacing the Arduino Uno with Creation Workshop. If you're more tech savvy than I am this should get you most if not all the way there.

While there have been no more posts here ver 0.2 had 18 downloads of my file so I know I'm not the only one considering this build. If you make progress please get in touch either here or via PM to let me know.

All the best.
Attachments
10Buck_3D_SLA_DIY_HOWTO_WG_0_3.doc
(35.5 KiB) Downloaded 2305 times

myxlflik

Postby myxlflik » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Mystamo,

I am impressed with what you have done here. I was wondering if you had a detailed set of instructions and complete bill of materials used for this. I did see some parts listed, but I am not sure if that is everything needed or not. From what I can see, your prints look very clean. Have you tried printing a 1cm cube and measuring to see how accurate the scale is? I'd definitely like to try this out. I am reasonably mechanically inclined, but don't know anything about Arduino's and the like so I would likely need detailed instructions to make one of these to play with. You also mentioned that you float your resin on salt water, do you reclaim or discard unused resin between jobs?