DLP Top Down IT LIVES!

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
kakapoopie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DLP Top Down IT LIVES!

Postby kakapoopie » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:16 am

earthquakeeeeb.jpg
Hi all, after lurking and asking stupid questions for a couple months, my DLP top down printer has come alive! Here are the first tests and a little video

Pictures(first 2 only)

Also does anyone know how to reduce the shutter time on projector? (the time that lets the resin settle after moving the platform before turning on the image)

First semi successful print :)

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DLP Top Down IT LIVES!

Postby PacManFan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:11 pm

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:37 am

IMG_20140825_232415~2.jpg
Thanks Pacman, works great! Here's a new print! Much better fidelity this time, mixed in a bit of aluminum powder this time, lowered exposure times and painted the platform black.

hp_

Postby hp_ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi,

what interesting idea mixing with alu - powder, what ever gave you that idea?

cheers,
hp

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:48 pm

thats just what I had lying around...it didn't mix very well though, gonna try something else soon, do you have any recommendations?

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Awright guys I've been testing more and getting better results each day! I'll post some update pictures soon.

I have a question on the meantime..When I'm printing large flat pieces like the flat support platform I get alot of peeling/curling around the edges or sometimes bubbling in the center. Does this mean I'm overcuring? How can I reduce this?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:05 pm

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Ok thanks for the info. I was thinking that might be it and saw that programs like Slic3r can hollow out objects, Is there a way to get CW to play svg exported from slic3r?

Phife

Postby Phife » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:24 am

I am wondering how hard it would be to implement an option in CW to allow a slice to be exposed multiple times for a set length of time. So instead of showing a slice for 3seconds for a layer, you flash the slice 3 times each time lasting a second with a 0.25-0.5 second pause between flashes. Maybe this would allow more control over the cure rate and not over heat the resin as much on large area prints.

Any thoughts? would this be possible with CW?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:00 am