My DLPrint3r / Germany

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RapApp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My DLPrint3r / Germany

Postby RapApp » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:17 am

Hi,
I see here many interesting and above all inspiring printer, that´s why I want to introduce my printer also. Since I don´t want to post everything twice so you are welcome to visit my blog. (It´s in German, but i have also a few pictures :D )

tom-res

Re: My DLPrint3r / Germany

Postby tom-res » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:13 am

Wow, your printer looks great!
How did you cut out the opening in the main aluminum plate?
Excited to see your first prints

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:35 am

Yes I agree the build and precision of the printer looks great.
Question though, are you going with a solid fixed VAT with no tilt action at all? And if that is the case are you relying on plain force to peel the part from the VAT or will you be using a side action peel like the mUVe1 printer?

tom-res

Postby tom-res » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Finhead, I thought your printer no longer used a tilt or slide. With the pillow vat or flex bottom vat or whatever it's called, do you still need an active or passive tilt?

RapApp

Postby RapApp » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:00 am

First I want to thank for the positive criticism

@tom-res I have now printed for the first time, two images are in the blog. more to follow
I have ordered from . They cost € 48 apiece, the drawings I will soon publish to rebuild. but first I want to make sure that no problems occur.

@Finhead Yes, i have a fixed VAT, my solution is really simple, I use a 2mm solar acrylic plate. Since the surface of 310x230mm can push the plate to 5mm in both directions. So i don't need any extra tilt action :D

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:58 am

RapApp

Postby RapApp » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:10 pm

I am using a 0,5mm Sil-Gel612 on the flex. But not 1:1 how it normal have to be used. i´m mix it A1 : B0,5. The result is much harder than the original mix and less such as a gel.
The bottom can move +-4-5mm. I have only two prints done now, but i thing it´s enough.

Sorry for my bad english guys :oops:

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:14 pm