My DLP printer project.

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
octanees

My DLP printer project.

Postby octanees » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi All,
This is my project of DLP printer. took me about 6 months to finish, but im still improving new techniques to optimize printing time and accuracy.At now my printer is changing to UV LED technology, because projector lamp heats a lot, and have short life(about 3000 hours) my 100watts UV led is 50.000 hours and is more effective, avoid dispersion light,(that generate blurry fails in prints)because led lights are directional lights.here is a quick tour of the process.Thanks to Pacmanfan for the AWESOME software that is comparable at the level of professional softs,I use other softs in the past but honestly, the rest are crappy. :roll:

My machine specs:
area build size 140x76x250mm resolution in microns:X,Y 50 microns(approx) z:13 microns minimun. about 3 secs for exposition at 50 microns, and 7sec for moving parts(total 10 seconds each 50 microns build).

-the machine have an optoma HD20 (without UV filter and colour wheel) with good resolution but BAD contrast ratio
-a professional linear actuator ,linear bearings
-a micro ATX who controls screen and projector.
- a 10"touch screen

The total gallery of photos is here:

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My DLP printer project.

Postby PacManFan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Amazing build! Very professional looking machine. I really like how you've incorporated the computer into the machine. It makes me wish I had taken more pictures of machine as I was building.

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:55 am

Thanks for sharing your work, you have set a high standard for the rest of us to follow.
Random Precision

octanees

Postby octanees » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Thank you guys, I will post the lastest things with my DLP project.The main objetive is sharing knowledge and experience...

James

Postby James » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Great work! :) Amazing quality prints! :shock:

What was this photo referring to?

I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

rodrigo

Postby rodrigo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:33 pm

Ola otimo trabalho estou querendo compra uma impressora 3d DLP você comercializa impressora caso estou interessado.

Constantin

Postby Constantin » Fri May 29, 2015 3:34 am

Hi Manuel
what kind of UV projector do you use
thx
C