3D DLP printer greatly improved print quality with flex fep

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
Szzer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

3D DLP printer greatly improved print quality with flex fep

Postby Szzer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:40 pm

I just started building my dlp printer.

Edge Pointed my to the forum, We've been discussing our printer ideas for a while.

The idea of creating a dlp printer was concieved aprox 1,5 years ago, when i got fed up with shapeways not being consistent in their print quality (mainly there fine ultra detail 's support material left a lot of cleaning up)

Because i could not find any good software at the time, i designed my own. Taking a looooong time (with little experience in programming makes it hard). Now creation workshop is there, I gonna try to make my printer compatible with that software (possibly much better than my work).

Well finaly i have got around in making the printer it self:
the design:

The first components are made:

I've already invested in the famous Sylgard 184 (oops), maybe I need to invest in some FEP, would that be available in the Netherlands?
Last edited by Szzer on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnrpm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 3D DLP printer in concept stage

Postby johnrpm » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Welcome sszer,
I to am building mine, the concept of a dlp printer is simple, but all the
bits and bobs take time,plus other projects, but its for pleasure right, so no rush.
I have been looking for FEP, rs do it, but expensive, not sure if you have rs where you are.
rs= radio spares.
Random Precision

Szzer

Postby Szzer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:40 am

I've been figuring out how to build the machine and how it should work for a while now.
The long programming-time actualy gave me the time to do that, Learing programming and time to figure out how the printer should look, not a bad way to spend my time.

I live in the Netherlands,
There is an RS here, and has fep foil for a whopping 74euro for 300x200mm...

Szzer

Postby Szzer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:01 pm

yesterday a to mail man delivered a large packet.... Extruded alu parts!

Even though i had an exam the next day I couldn't resist putting stuff together

Build time sofar: 3 hrs (The exam took actualy longer to complete, approx 4,5 hrs)
Next week no exams anymore, so time to continue building

Stay tuned.

Hedzer

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:53 pm

Excellent progress! I just order a bunch of 80/20 alum as well. What are you going to use for a tilt mechanism or vat release?

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:24 am

whoow that fep film is expensive on RS.

i got a sample piece of FEP film that looked very nice from kastilo.de

maybe it is something for you.. 11 Euro per squeare meter 0.05mm thickness..

hp_

Szzer

Postby Szzer » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:31 pm

I'll first use sylgard, and have the build area move bit side to side (not as extreme as b9)
I have plans to incorporate passive tilting, Ill first have to see if it is needed.

Szzer

Postby Szzer » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:40 pm

11 euro per square meter that's more like it, Did you try it already?

EdgE

Postby EdgE » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:50 am

Looking great Hedzer!! :)

Szzer

Postby Szzer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:29 am

progress:

Hedzer