RAMPS 1.4 working firmware?

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

RAMPS 1.4 working firmware?

Postby Finhead » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:42 am

Curious if someone here has has a working RAMPS 1.4 setup that they would care to share the firmware and CW config.
I have been trying most of the day with no progress to get my electronics setup.
I have uploaded Sprinter, Marlin and Repetier on the Mega 2560 and the only one that seems to work at all is Sprinter but it will only allow the Z axis to move in one direction. I have tried swapping the motors, the step drivers and reinstalling the firmware etc on 2 different RAMPS setups and I simply cannot get anything out of Creation Workshop besides one direction in any of the axis.

If anyone has a working setup to get a starting point that they would care to share it would be a life saver (as well as save the rest of the hair I haven't pulled out)

Thanks
Clinton

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: RAMPS 1.4 working firmware?

Postby PacManFan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:58 am

Your problem with them moving in one direction is this:
GCode controllers need to move in one direction until they are homed. You need to either send a homing command along an axis until a limit switch is triggered, or you need to turn that option off in the firmware. I've run into this a few times with gcode control firmwares, it drove me crazy until I figured it out.

Finhead

Re: RAMPS 1.4 working firmware?

Postby Finhead » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:30 am

Thanks for the reply it was indeed driving me crazy, any hint as to where in the firmware I would turn that off? Not really up on Sprinter and it's the one that worked the easiest/best out of the 3.

**EDIT** Nevermind I just hooked up 2 endstops real quick to test and it works perfect now. lol That should be in bold letters in the manual for dummies like me. ;)
Thanks so much for the reply and info, it's great there was nothing serious wrong with my setup which is what I was leaning towards.

Thanks
Clinton