Help Z-Axis Calibration because I am so lost?

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brdsheen1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help Z-Axis Calibration because I am so lost?

Postby brdsheen1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi so I'm really stuck. :shock:
I'm printing calibration cubes so that I can get everything working before getting into cooler things to print.
In CW I loaded up a 5mmx5mmx5mm cube.
My X-Axis and Y-Axis are fine. But my Z-Axis is wayyyy messed up, with a length of about 18mm.
IMG_7721.JPG

Could someone help me pinpoint the problem? I have posted pictures of my CW settings and the cube, thank you everyone in advanced. :D :D

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

IMG_7724.JPG

Sorry ignore the "Chimera" title, the printer I have is a Bottom-Up Droplit from SeeMeCNC with a Flex vat.

mrelhashemy

Re: Help Z-Axis Calibration because I am so lost?

Postby mrelhashemy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:24 pm

I think it's a firmware problem, try to re-calibrate the z steps per mm

brdsheen1

Postby brdsheen1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:45 pm

When I move it manually, it moves the correct amount, but once it starts printing the z-axis gets messed up.

James

Postby James » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:27 am

Hmmm... All I can think of is to check your Configure Slicing Profile GCode Section and make sure you don't have anything set in there that could be adding extra steps.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

leitnin

Postby leitnin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:50 am

Since this was never definitively "solved"

This sounds like a case of the manual "move 10" command using a hard-coded number of steps, which is not based on the layer thickness and set separately in the firmware from platten steps per layer. the number or steps per layer in your firmware is likely indeed not matched to your stepper/microstepping/leadscrew pitch/layer thickness