Vat and Build Plate material

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
heyarn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vat and Build Plate material

Postby heyarn » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:20 pm

Hello folks!

I've now pretty much built up the body of my printer with extrusions, but need to know what material I could use to make the vat and the build plate. I'm doing a top down style printer, and have lots of acrylic and a laser cutter. Will cured resin stick ok to acrylic? (my guess is yes but I just wanna make sure).

Also, please feel free to throw in some other recommendations/suggestions :)

wirelessguyny

Re: Vat and Build Plate material

Postby wirelessguyny » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:35 pm

I know that this post is a bit dated but I'm currently on your trail and thought I'd both check and ask the group...

I'm working on a super simple DIY SLA as a 1.0 version. I'm basing it on the CDROM drive example that's been buzzing about recently.

I have a small glass vat but I can't seem to find that old perforated square PC board I used to have from Radio shack.

Does anyone have suggestions for good build plate materials?

I'm also thinking about a Top down approach and so I think I'd need to consider something perforated as well. I do have a bunch of plexiglass in the house (I used to custom make small plexi fish tanks) I might have various types of metal here too.

Any suggestions???

Thanks.