projector alternative, computer monitor as light source?

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nicanor76
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

projector alternative, computer monitor as light source?

Postby nicanor76 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:46 pm

I know DLP projectors are use to cure the resin, and select LCD projectors has been tried with success. I'm trying to reduce the overall height of the machine. Some mount the projectors and uses mirrors to angle the image 90 degrees. So my question is if anyone tried using some sort of computer monitor in place of a projector? Obviously it has to be the right monitor (with true black "black", and the correct light source). But if there is such a monitor, that can cut back the height quite a bit and could simplify the construction overall.

Phife

Re: projector alternative, computer monitor as light source?

Postby Phife » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:14 pm

nicanor76

Re: projector alternative, computer monitor as light source?

Postby nicanor76 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:53 pm

nice. I tried searching but the search function needs more than 3 letters so "LCD" wouldn't be searchable :\