Simple Light control

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
SIDRANA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Simple Light control

Postby SIDRANA » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi;
I do not know if this stuff is any good, here is an Ebay link, monochrome screen and modulation parts plus cables under different listings, from the same seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Symbol-MC9060-M ... fresh=true

Regards

Saeed
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 9.05.05 AM.png

DoctorProfessorGuy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DoctorProfessorGuy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Nice, though the shipping to me is about as much as the display itself. I'll stick with my $10 colour LCD for now though.

DoctorProfessorGuy

Postby DoctorProfessorGuy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:45 pm

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:25 pm

DoctorProfessorGuy

Postby DoctorProfessorGuy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Ah, I see, I forgot about its being reflectively lit rather than from behind. Maybe if there was one which could be dissasembled to remove anything blocking light from passing through it, but that sounds like a goose chase. Thanks, unless my LCD sucks I'm going to stick with it for now until I can get a better one.

DoctorProfessorGuy

Postby DoctorProfessorGuy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:04 am

OK I have my 20W LED now, LCD is on the way and should be here soon (yay eBay shipping...), may we return to my original question? I remember what one of you said about using the fan pins to activate a relay and I am still confused as how to do so with the firmware? I've looked at marlin firmware and I am not entirely sure what I'm supposed to change or do. I do know that at least for my teensylu M106 turns the fan on and M107 turns it off now. I'm sorry, I'd try to figure this out on my own but most of what I know of coding is self taught from the internet and I don;t really know too much. Alternately, if anyone would like to help me with this or share their code with me there can be some money in it for you.
Thank you.

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:52 pm

DoctorProfessorGuy

Postby DoctorProfessorGuy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Well that simplifies things, thank you very much PomeroyB

crusoe

Postby crusoe » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:07 pm

The closer your LEDs are to UV, the less power you need as more light will go into curing the resin. In my build, I am going with near-UV 405 nm, most resins set with light < 420nm. In my first runs, I am avoiding true UV leds due to safety concerns. I don't want to bleach my retinas, and using a visible source makes calibration and testing easier.

Also, unless you purchase a dedicated UV capable DLP chip from TI expressly made for 3d printers, UV light will degrade the DLP engine over time, by triggering outgassing of solvents/adhesives used in manufacture which then fogs the micromirrors. DLP chips in consumer projectors are not built for uv light exposure.

Sergio LC

Postby Sergio LC » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:38 am

Hello everyone,
I´m new in the forum. I 'm working on a printer LCD, I have everything ready, but I have to integrate the uv light in the RAMPS. UV light is connected to the fans output pins. How can I control the exposure time connected to the fan output pins with Creation Workshop? It is possible to do this?
I am a little bit lost about this part....
Thank you!