Usable projector list + hacks

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
@A2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Usable projector list + hacks

Postby @A2 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:33 am

I'm still trying to figure this out. From what I have read the Acer H6510BD (1920x1080 pixels) has a transparent (white/clear) color wheel segment (RGBCMY) which I think allows more specified lumen output. I'm guessing that the transparent (white/clear) segment is why you don't need to remove the color wheel. But the color wheel has only 6 segments, so I don't know where the clear segment comes from.

and Acer SpectraBoost offers a wider color gamut via a patented color-wheel coating, which boosts color saturation an extra 30 percent.
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2013/55716

I'm curious if the coating on the color wheel is blocking UV?

RGBCYW has greater lumen output than RGBRGB
http://www.projectorcentral.com/benq_w1 ... review.htm

Acer H6510BD
Color Brightness: 580 lumens
White Brightness: 3000 lumens
http://www.colorlightoutput.com/search

single-chip DLP projectors sometimes include a white (clear) segment in the color filter wheel to increase the peak white level, and some filter wheels also include segments with one or more of the secondary colors (yellow, cyan, magenta). Therefore, when you add the maximum levels of red, green, and blue, the result is lower than the measured peak white level, because those extra segments are not used in the RGB measurements, whereas they are used in the white measurement.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1451895/epson ... t-ces-2013

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Finhead » Tue May 20, 2014 10:15 am

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:39 am

thanks alot, i´ll try to get my hands on one of these.

CGray316

Postby CGray316 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:57 am

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:19 am

CGray316

Postby CGray316 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:16 pm

keyanzhao

Postby keyanzhao » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:58 am

I still wanna know which projector is the best choice for a DLP printer?

Batuta

Postby Batuta » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:59 pm

I really don't think there is such thing as "best projector", each projector will fit better to a specific combination of resin/size/etc. But i do believe that h65 seems a good choice.

keyanzhao

Postby keyanzhao » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Thanks, I will try it.

MrBaz

Postby MrBaz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:43 pm

I have an Optoma EP758 (1024x768 -- I know, I know)

I want to replace the lamp with a UV LED. I've been trying to figure out what I need to ground/bridge on the lamp driver module connector in order for the projector to think the lamp is still in the machine and working.

Any ideas?