LaserShark what i have got working.

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
danielm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LaserShark what i have got working.

Postby danielm » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:58 am

Yes, it should look like this. You can find more explanation here - interesting reading:
http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.LaserF ... ning1.html
http://www.pangolin.com/ILDAtest.html

I am afraid that I am not that good in programming to be able to look for possible source of issues in your code. Anyway, is the source located somewhere in your github repository?

Btw, are you still considering development of Pro version?

danielm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby danielm » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:03 pm

PacManFan, I just checked Lasershark behavior with different galvo + driver set. Unfortunately without any change, the distortion and noises are still present... :(

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:28 am

PacManFan where do you have released the source of the lasershark plugin?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:01 pm

neurofun

Postby neurofun » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:09 pm

i just started testing a lasershark galvo setup and i'm encountering the following problems.

-blanking of the even and uneven scanlines is not in sync, meaning that the edges are jagged
-black vertical lines(also jagged), those lines do not appear in the slice preview

attached are 2 pictures of a sliced cube that illustrate the problem.

the problem occurs on the following configurations:
winxp sp3 32bit
win7 sp1 64bit
win7 sp1 64bit running in a virtual machine on osx
win7 sp1 32bit running in a virtual machine on osx
Attachments
cube50x50scan.jpg
sliced cube
cube50x50scan_detail.jpg
detail of the right top corner

neurofun

Postby neurofun » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:28 am

update:

i recompiled the plugin with the zigzag disabled and the jagged lines are gone.
the jagged line are probably introduced by hardware latencies in the galvo system and/or latencies in the on-off switching of the laser.

the vertical lines are introduced by the lasershark firmware.
apparently the laser is intentionally switched off after all the buffer samples are used up.
Attachments
cube50x50nozigzag.jpg

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:08 pm

If this is a case of 'sample under-run', then you might be able to increase the sample rate through the config file. This will help keep the lasershark buffer full.
-Steve

neurofun

Postby neurofun » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:00 am

Attachments
DSC_1120 bzz.jpg

danielm

Postby danielm » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:29 am

I got 2pcs of Lasershark for sale in EU(Slovakia). Anybody interested?

binksbrew

Postby binksbrew » Sat May 21, 2016 12:41 pm