Shopping List

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rusty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Shopping List

Postby rusty » Thu May 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Hello guys, I just joined here.

I really interested on SLA printer and planned to buy one but most of it is expensive.

So I planned to build it instead but I'm completely new at this so I don't know any material & hardware I should use to build the printer.
After spent some time reading topic in the forum I have general idea but I need your help to check my list.

Here what I came up so far.

Projector = Already have a HD projector with 2000 lumen.

Electronic =
- For running the firmware = Ardunio Mega 2560 R3
- For motor driver = Big easy driver/ A4988
- Ramps 1.4
- 12V Power supply

Z Axis =
- I tried to find 8mm lead screw but failed, there only 16mm so far.
- Nema 17/23.

Resin Vat
- Container = Still don't have clue for this one.
- Coating = FDM / Sylgard 184

First Surface Mirror

My aim is to build a printer with 10nm resolution or something between 10-100nm.
Is there any part I should change or add to achieve that?

Thanks =w=
Last edited by rusty on Fri May 30, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finhead

Re: Shopping List

Postby Finhead » Fri May 30, 2014 2:12 am

If your going with the Mega 2560 you mine as well just get the RAMPS 1.4 shield and run either A4988 or DRV8825 drivers. It works perfect and no extra wiring or boards needed. If you look around you can find the RAMPS/Mega combo for around $50.
Easy to find 8mm lead screws.
If you go with Nema17 motors get the high torque ones. First ones on this page are really good ones

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri May 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, there no DRV8825 here so I decided to use A4988.
Oh I forgot to search on ebay =w=a
Btw is there any problem if I decided to use the 16mm instead?

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri May 30, 2014 2:38 pm

What do you mean there are no DRV8825 driver "here" I live in Canada there are virtually no parts here that are affordable I order everything form the US or China, post office delivers wold wide. ;)
Using DRV8825 drivers rather than the A4988 drivers gives you 2X the resolution plus a extra .5 amps of power to the motor. For the small cost extra 100% worth it IMO. If you looking to get at fine as 10 micron as you say (not sure that is necessary though) than you need all the resolution you can get.

Nothing wrong with 16mm lead screw other than weight (it will take more torque/power to turn/lift) and depending on your pitch you may loose resolution. I went with 10mm 1.5 pitch threaded rod for my lead screw works very nicely with a delrin nut.

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri May 30, 2014 9:26 pm

I mean the local market store, order from outside country take some time and I like to get the part soon as possible XD
But if DRV8825 can give me better resolution then I will order it. Take some time but I don't have any choice.

Hmm, if 16mm need more power then I should go used Nema23 instead then?

rusty

Postby rusty » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:37 am

My first batch of shopping list already came although I forget to buy some cable so I can't test it.
Btw when I tried to search lead screw here the store offer me a 8mm Hiwin Ball Screw with 2.5 lead, should I take it instead?