CW cannot print this STL file

James

Re: CW cannot print this STL file

Postby James » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Well, CW loads it instantly and slices it instantly too. No problems whatsoever. I think it must be a problem with the OP's hardware capabilities as you suggested.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

James

Postby James » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:03 pm

All be damned! I just searched my hard drives for my largest STL file I have on hand and I happen to have a 527 MB 10,796,031 triangle file. So I loaded that in CW! HAHA! :D And it worked! It took a few minutes for it to load in, but it loaded in their! Then I sliced it with default settings and it did the slicing and about four seconds! Nice job Steve! :D
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

jon_bondy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jon_bondy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:13 am

Thanks for all of your effort on this. The STL file came off of Thingiverse and has printed successfully on a FDM machine using Slic3r. It also looks OK in NetFabb basic. So I was astonished that some of you found problems with the model. I had checked it twice.

I managed to get CW to slice it after I reduced the number of faces using MeshLab.

James

Postby James » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:13 am

CaptainBisquick
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby CaptainBisquick » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:25 am

You won't get errors for inward facing normals.

You can do this exact same fix in Blender, which is completely free and there's tutorials which cover this very issue. Blender also has a way to draw the normals as lines.

Mariraja

Postby Mariraja » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Was anyone able to determine the minimum system requirement for running the creation workshop software?

Thanks
Bimmer