CW behavior when using pause and stop button

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rkundla
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CW behavior when using pause and stop button

Postby rkundla » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi!

I am using Creation Workshop with my 3DFacture Draken DLP printer and have been pretty pleased with the results.

I would like to know what the behavior is during a print when the pause and stop buttons are clicked.

When you hit pause, will the software finish the current layer operation and then stop? If I press play, will it continue on where it left off, assuming that if I moved the Z-axis position and return it back to its original position (to verify the print), all will be well going forward?

When I hit stop during the middle of a print, the software pretty much aborts the print operation immediately and forces me to enter manual commands to blank the screen, lift the Z-axis and apply the shutter over the projector lens. I think it would be great if when stop is applied, it will execute the "final" gcode section to cleanly shut down the printing process. Any chance of getting that added in the next intermediate release? Is there a way to add this capability without recompiling the software?

Thanks,
Ron

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: CW behavior when using pause and stop button

Postby PacManFan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:48 pm

rkundla

Re: CW behavior when using pause and stop button

Postby rkundla » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 pm

That would be great - thanks!

Ron