CW back lash compensation

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Piranha
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CW back lash compensation

Postby Piranha » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi Guys, Big Respect to PacManFan for the CW soft and this beautiful forums and info
I am building my first DLP now and faced some backlash issue in my balls crew, it is not so huge - something like 0.08 but anyway it would be great if in the next versions of brilliant CW software it would be possible to make this backlash compensation (like MACH3 has) :roll:
or maybe it is already there but I can not find? :roll:

Scatterplot

Re: CW back lash compensation

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:59 pm

I don't have a great solution, but if you always approach your target from the same direction you shouldn't have much issue with backlash, since it will always be taken up in the same direction.

Piranha

Postby Piranha » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:50 pm

But we go up and down every single layer and resin has some viscosity (some counter force) so it matters :(

jwlrymkr

Postby jwlrymkr » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:20 pm

Good ball screws typically have little to zero backlash. Lead screws have some backlash, but that is usually compensated by the anti-backlash nut. If very little force is applied to a lead screw that has a properly tensioned anti backlash nut, there should be no backlash.

Piranha

Postby Piranha » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:25 am

yes sure good ball screws have zero to little, mine has 0.08mm, actually a lot of people use different screws so it would be great to have backlash compensation option in the MOST POPULAR 3DSLA software in the World :) Thats what Im talking about

rkundla

Postby rkundla » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:38 pm

If the amount is constant, couldn't you compensate for it during the peel section of the gcode when adjusting for the up and down z-axis movement?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:02 pm

From what I understand, backlash is only an issue when changing direction. If the Z axis moves up by 5 and down by 4.9, there may be some backlash when the axis first moves up, but it will be corrected during the downward movement, ensuring each layer will be consistently 100 microns.