CW on B9Creator

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
p.evdokimov
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CW on B9Creator

Postby p.evdokimov » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:49 am

Hi everyone!

I am a new one fan of CW on this forum.

After all this news about Carbon3D, I start to think about this kind of continuous printing method. In fact we are printing in our lab with ceramic resin and trying to do ceramics with different shapes and architectures.
We have modified a little bit our B9Creator hardware to have more smooth sliding on X axis and change the plastic VAT with Teflon one, to have better chemical stability to different solvents and so on.
So going on with CLIP technology we don't need (as everyone know) some of the building steps on B9Creator, like sliding. We have tried to print with "continuous" process with success (I can't show you photos right now, because it was just a first shot), just by removing the arm connection from the VAT, so we didn't have the sliding move, but you have the big delay between each slice, so it was not real "continuous" printing.

So here are things that I want to try now:
1) Try to use a thin layer of PDMS with no glass.

Of cause I can't take as thin as Teflon AF film (100um), because it too fragile, but nevertheless I want to try it. In fact we don't need to have a big printing area, so we can try to print with small things on that thin layer of PDMS. (as you know PDMS have great air permeability, not so great as Teflon Af, but anyway its still very good, as I think).

2) To try all these things I need to use another one firmware and soft with my B9Creator, as I can't remove this sliding process manually, but with CW you have more options. And as I not a programmer guy, and before I will start to learn how to change grbl firmware (am I right that I need grbl for UNO?) for B9Creator shield, I want to ask you maybe someone have already tried to use CW with B9Creator?

Cheers,
Paul.

P.S. I am so sorry for my poor English...

zagato3

Re: CW on B9Creator

Postby zagato3 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:51 pm

Im also need CW to my b9creator . Any suggestings from mr.packman?

rkundla

Re: CW on B9Creator

Postby rkundla » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:09 pm

New B9 firmware is closed source, so there is no way right now to try to port a third-party application to their printer.

The gist behind CLIP is that the cured resin only bonds to the build plate or previously cured layer. If it cures at all to the film/silicone/whatever, it is no longer continuous since you need a peel process. If you aren't sliding, you are pulling the cured print off.

Right now, the only way to pull CLIP off with hobbyist technology that I've seen is the top-down method from Gizmo in Australia since you are curing against air, not film.