Creation Workshop version 1.0.0.54

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Creation Workshop version 1.0.0.54

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:15 am

Alright, Here is a new 'test' version of CW 1.0.0.54. It has the much-anticipated additions to manual supports. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm still working to add new support types as well.

Glacian22
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Creation Workshop version 1.0.0.54

Postby Glacian22 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:37 am

Nice, I'll give it a test run tomorrow! :D

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Just got it installed, but I'm not quite seeing how to do the inter-object supports- did that make it into this release?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:56 pm

HTL

Postby HTL » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:48 pm

I just finished a print run using ver 1.0.0.54 after upgrading from an earlier version and it ran flawlessly on my rig. I used supports but only the bed of nails. However, I did use the mask feature and it worked perfectly with my brightness correction mask.

Excellent work as usual.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:54 am

Really nice, will try this ASAP.

Meanwhile, have a look at Formlabs new support-material solution.
http://www.fabbaloo.com/blog/2015/1/22/ ... r-software

please note the nice indentations (pyramid structure) at base "plate" for easy removal from platform.

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:25 pm

That looks similar to the supports used in Meshmixer, which have worked very well for me in the past. Not *exactly* the same, but it looks to be a similar algorithm.

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Hello, and thank you for working on this. Creating good support structures seems to be the most difficult part of the printing process, but this update makes it a lot better. A problem I noticed is that the support creation has to constantly be toggled on and off, because when moving around the object either by holding left mouse button or middle mouse button, when I let go a support is created at that spot. Not sure what the best fix for this would be, maybe have Ctrl activate the support generation, so you can navigate as normal, then hold Ctrl and click to create a support. A few other additions that would be nice are building supports from other supports, that way we can have one tall support going up, then smaller supports branching off, and also a tool like in B9 Creator where there is a line drawn around the object so you can see if a spot needs support or not. Also from B9 Creator, being able to edit the size of a support after it has been created. Custom hotkeys would be nice too, as I am used to using Blender, and having that control scheme for moving around the object would be very nice. I hope you agree with these ideas, and I hope that they can be added. I have some coding experience, so I'll take a look at the code to see if I can contribute to any of these, but I have a feeling that it will be above my skill level.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:27 pm

andy8a

Postby andy8a » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:48 am

Hey, i think you forgot to add the pdf files for the user manual, and the hardware guide.

I know those are old files, but i't actually help me as a newbie.

PD. already copy them from the 0.36 version, thanks for your work, i really appreciate it :D