Creation Worksohp Manual Support Improvements

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Creation Worksohp Manual Support Improvements

Postby PacManFan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:04 pm

I've been working with Creation Workshop manual support editing lately. Now, individual supports can position their top and bottom tips, I've added a bit of automation and 'best guessing' to help select tip angles and placements. Intra-object supports can now be created and saved with the scene. I'll probably make a new release of the code soon.
If you have any requests or features from other programs that you'd like to see in CW, now is the time to ask.
Attachments
1-19-2015 6-58-45 PM.png
New supports in CW

Scatterplot

Re: Creation Worksohp Manual Support Improvements

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:23 am

Very cool! Can't wait to try it out. Small feature I'd like to request- sometimes when I slice a model, it will immediately output the first slice to the projector. It won't actually start the print or anything, but I always panic if I forgot to put my shutter back in place. It would be cool if it didn't change the projector output after the slicing happened.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:53 am

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:16 pm

Whoops, I must have an old version or something. I think I'm on RC36? Sorry I should have checked for updates :oops:

ecurtz

Postby ecurtz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:19 pm

The new Form1 supports with cross struts seem really clever, so maybe something to consider down the road: http://makezine.com/2015/01/06/formlabs ... -supports/

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:45 pm

HTL

Postby HTL » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:59 pm

It would be nice to be able to move the bed of nails supports as a unit in the x and y directions to aid in centering the supports on a part.