Support generation software

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
billcrab01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Support generation software

Postby billcrab01 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi all,

My name is Bo, I am new to this forum. Currently I am looking for a support generation solution for my SLA printer, and I need some advise from all of you. I have the slicer, so I need a software can generate support, and export as .stl file.

I have tried Autodesk meshmixer, but I think the support have some issue with meshmixer (I use Ember setting, it generates too much useless support)
I also tried Magic on my friends computer(I dont have license), it is pretty good, but it's too expensive for me.

Is there any good support generation software you guys recommend? Thank you!

Scatterplot

Re: Support generation software

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:53 am

I think the B9 Creator software will let you generate supports and export them to an STL.

jcarletto27

Re: Support generation software

Postby jcarletto27 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi Bo!
I know it's been a bit since you posted but I use 2 pieces of software that work really well.

the first is
AutoDesk Print studio
https://support.ember.autodesk.com/hc/e ... int-Studio

and the other is Autodesk Mesh Mixer
http://www.meshmixer.com/download.html

Print studio is a little nicer looking, and requires zero setup.
Meshmixer requires some setup but you can have lots of customization. I generally use meshmixer for the more complex pieces.