slide / tilt value need help

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

slide / tilt value need help

Postby bas » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:55 am

hi

i'm also build a SLA 3d printer en i need help with the slide / tilt value
I have read that the slide / tilt value is connected to the x-axis. when I do and I want to print something, it gives the board a pulse to the stepper driver but doesn't turn. even if i want to move the x-axis in the machine control section he gives a pulse but is not running.

What should I do to fixs this

gr bas form the netherlands :?

sitzme

Re: slide / tilt value need help

Postby sitzme » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:35 am

Have you used another piece of software to verify the mechanical function? I use Pronterface to jog things around and set the end stops. Have you verified the number of steps per unit, etc? Have you set the current for the motor? Verified the motor wiring? Try swapping the X and Z motor connections and see what happens. Also, it might help to know your hardware/software configuration since someone might have relevant experience with a similar setup.

HTL

Postby HTL » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:01 am

do you have both signal AND ground lines connected between your controller and stepper driver?

matrix7y7y

Postby matrix7y7y » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:29 pm

its all in the firmware settings and controller your using. only some settings can be changed in the cw software. someone should try to make a easy step by step instructions for newbies to arduino and an easier firmware to tweak settings :p it takes allot of searching forms for mixed info