Alternative software for ibox nano

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
glaug
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alternative software for ibox nano

Postby glaug » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:06 am

Hi all,

I'm the not-so-proud owner of an , a printer I can politely refer to as a low-resolution, self-destructing piece of junk. However, the basic idea of how the printer works is sound, and it's based on a raspberry pi board so I should theoretically be able to replace the software.

The nano has a 400mmx200mm 128x64 pixel resolution monochrome LCD screen which masks bank of UV LEDs, and the onboard software converts 1920x1080 SVG sliced image into a 128x64 pixel PNG. In theory, a different LCD sceen with a higher resolution should result in higher quality prints if the PNG conversion was scaled to match, but the python code that drives the ibox is compiled and I can't decompile it despite my best efforts. I'm wondering if anybody who's got any experience with the ibox thinks this might be possible, or could point me at alternative control software? :)

AndersonTa

Re: Alternative software for ibox nano

Postby AndersonTa » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:12 pm

If you can copy the image that's on the RasPi and post it, maybe someone can take a look under the hood and see what going on.
@AndersonHTa

glaug

Re: Alternative software for ibox nano

Postby glaug » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Here's the PYC in question... Hopefully this is alright to post.
Attachments
iBoxPrintManager.zip
(41.84 KiB) Downloaded 902 times