Homing using GRBL

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
benleif430
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Homing using GRBL

Postby benleif430 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi there,

I'm practically finished with my printer build and have a pretty basic setup. My Z-axis is driven by a Nema 23 motor (the motor is driven by the BigEasy Driver), and I'm using an Arduino Uno with grbl v0.9 firmware loaded onto it. I've just installed a limit switch and am having some issues homing using Creation Workshop. Within the Controller, I've enabled the homing cycle ($22=1) and I've also enabled the hard limits ($21=1). I know it's semi-working because when I go to the controls tab in creation workshop and home, my z-axis stops once it actuates the limit switch. However, it also trips the "alarm lock" within grbl, and I have to go back to grbl controller and "$X" to turn off the alarm. I was wondering if there was a way for me to home the z-axis and not trigger the alarm?

Thanks

CihanAlak

Re: Homing using GRBL

Postby CihanAlak » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:22 pm