Gcode with XY coordinate for galvo real or mith?

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nerivenman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Gcode with XY coordinate for galvo real or mith?

Postby nerivenman » Sat May 02, 2015 6:25 am

I frequently read about predisposition of CW to be used for sla or SLS, but I'm not able to generate a Gcode with XY information of the laser Path, my Gcode it's only a list of z movements.
Somone could explain how get real gcode?
Thankyou very much!

Luca

BMMal

Re: Gcode with XY coordinate for galvo real or mith?

Postby BMMal » Tue May 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Luca,

My understanding is that CW does not put out any gcode for galvanometers. Such things do exist and that is where the Pryntech OpenSL system started. However, that method was abandoned and using the Laser Shark card along with the galvanometers was then pursued. There is a laser shark plugin for CW. This method treats the galvanometers as a "laser projector" meaning that it is scanning the rows of pixels and turning the laser on at the appropriate times.