CW38 lasershark scan problem

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fireman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CW38 lasershark scan problem

Postby fireman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:07 am

Hi Guys,
I am new for this forum but I already learned too much from it.
Recently I build my own SLA test platform unfortunately it failed to run.
My H/W is lasershark board and a 25K galvo,the S/W is CW1.0.0.38 and the driver for lasershark I0,1,2 are V1.0.0.0.
During test the laser is always ON, it didn’t connect to lasershark TTL control channel.
The sliced picture like the attachment,it is an open outline.
But the scan image is continuous from left to right.Also there is one point stop somewhere.
Jeff who provide lasershark board told me a way to test the board and galvo:http://macpod.net/electronics/lasershark/lasershark_usage_windows.php.
But this need to update the lasershark driver from V1.0.0.0 to V3.0.7.0,afterwards I test successful to see a circle.
Jeff said if the circle test successful that means the lasershark and galvo work properly.
So this might be CW38 problem cause the image not correct.
However CW38 can not drive lasershark anymore after driver upgrade.
My question is:
- What could be the reason cause CW38 + V1.0.0.0 output an expect image?
- Why there is a laser point stay somewhere before/after a job?
- Should the laser connect to lasershark TTL control channel?
Hope some of you can understand what I said and help me to solve it.
Thanks!
Ju Fei
Attachments
circle test.png
circle test
circle test.png (348.62 KiB) Viewed 19839 times
point.png
laser point stay somewhere
point.png (199.37 KiB) Viewed 19839 times
laser scan wrong.png
laser scan:continous line

fireman

Re: CW38 lasershark scan problem

Postby fireman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:17 am

Hi Guys,
Today I changed to a TTL laser,now the ring looks correct(not always continuous line), but the output laser still looks like not good.
Please look at the picture.
Does anybody have experience?
Thanks
Ju Fei
Attachments
TTL laser scan.png
TTL laser scan

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:07 am

Check the wiring of the lasershark board to the galvo control boards. I think the LaserShark board 3-wire connector Ground wire is not in the same position as the galvo boards.

fireman

Postby fireman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:16 am

Hi Steve,
The wiring should be correct because the circle test for the laser shark board was successful as you see in my first post the red circle.It is a complete circle only my iPhone capture a part of it.
Is there any other parameter regarding to this issue?I test several exposé time but the problem is same.
Anyway I will check the wiring carefully tomorrow and report to you.
Thanks and have a nice day!
Ju fei

fireman

Postby fireman » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:54 am

Hi all,
When I tested with WIN7 32bit system the problem was gone.

neurofun

Postby neurofun » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:34 am

i had the same problem in win7 64bit and was abled to solve it by increasing the samplerate in the LaserSLA.cfg file.

fireman

Postby fireman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi Neurofun,
How much do you increase?
I checked the file currently it set to 20000.
Thanks!
Ju Fei

neurofun

Postby neurofun » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:21 am

on one system 21000
on another one 40000

i think it highly depends on the computer speed and os you are using.
the galvos i'm using are 40000pps rated.(DT40PRO)
be aware, running your galvos are a higher speed than rated might/will FRY them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a better solution but it involves recompiling the plugin, see:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1538&start=130#p9576