slicing changed stl shape

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bosco
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

slicing changed stl shape

Postby Bosco » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Hello everyone

I am new to all of this and I am stuck do not know what to do after selecting cylindrical stl files on creative software the part looks like it is suppose to look but after I sliced it I noticed that cylindrical parts have changed on their own now they are oval . I printed and part is oval I need part to keep its shape and i need it to dimension Can someone please help me

Thank you
Bosco

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: slicing changed stl shape

Postby PacManFan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:18 pm

It sounds like your monitor x/y and platform size is not set up correctly.

Bosco

Postby Bosco » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:30 pm

Thank you PacManFan for responding would you know where I can find instruction on xyz calibrations instruction I have looked everywhere and cannot find any instructions , possibly you can tell me where to find . I am a Newb and all this language is foreign to me, but I am trying to learn hopefully this will allow me to print detailed parts

Thank you
Bosco

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:33 am

HTL

Postby HTL » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:30 am