Problems with CW

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mattberg
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Problems with CW

Postby mattberg » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Hey Everyone,

First post here, I have set up a top-down dlp printer using an arduino mega and a big easy driver. I pretty much used the setup on this site:

It basically works, the printer platform does move down and the projector is synced, and it yields very blobby prints haha. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the plate not moving down into the vat and raising up, but only moving down to the next slice.
I'm not sure if its because the setup is for a bottom-up printer, but I have trouble making the printer do the down then up motion that top-down printers should do, even when I change the settings in CW for top-down.

I'm a total newbie at all this, so any help would be much appreciated.

Matt

PomeroyB

Re: Problems with CW

Postby PomeroyB » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:47 pm

mattberg

Postby mattberg » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:26 am

OMG thank you pomeroyB!! You're a lifesaver! The up and down is working, I am going to do a test print now...

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:29 am

No problem! Definitely post pictures when you get a chance!

mattberg

Postby mattberg » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Hey here is what I have so far... Extremely blobby even though the model is hollowed out. I increased the exposure time to 8 seconds per layer but it still has trouble curing. I'm not sure if its the resin or projector... The resin is SubSF for littleRP and the projector is a toshiba TW90. Will try longer curing time when I get home from work tonight.
IMG_19152.jpg

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:13 pm

How thin are your walls? They look really sparse in that photo...