How to move CW stepper motors?

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
dalaura10
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to move CW stepper motors?

Postby dalaura10 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first post, I want to congratulate this great community here and congratulate her on this great trabalho.Fico proud that in this world there are people like you guys.
I'm working on a project for a 3d printer, where I am using CW, but I fought hard and I can not rotate the engine.
My arrangement is with an Arduino uno drivers and two-step type DIV168N 3.5.
The links are correct, I believe, because another program made the engines run normally.
I'm using the file from this address:http://projectsinterestsandetcetera.com/3d-printer-rebuild-software-and-electronics/
Is well explained, has good graphics, but I could not success yet, do not know where the mistake is.
If you can help me I am very grateful.

Att
Dal Aura10

PomeroyB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to move CW stepper motors?

Postby PomeroyB » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:26 am

Hmm... You're using a pretty unusual setup.

I'd first upload some code to your Arduino to make sure your steppers are hooked up correctly. Check out for some examples using AccelStepper, the same library used in your link.

If the Uno successfully moves your steppers, then your problem is probably communication between the software and your firmware. I'd double check that the baud rates match first off, but without some more detail on your system, it's hard to diagnose.

cncbasher

Postby cncbasher » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:40 am

Hello .
contact me off list , to save running a large thread , and i'll help sort it out
if you have skype give me a call

Dave

dalaura10

Postby dalaura10 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:54 pm

dalaura10

Postby dalaura10 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:03 pm

PomeroyB

Sorry, forgot to pass you the link, here it is:

http://projectsinterestsandetcetera.com ... winder.zip

cncbasher

Postby cncbasher » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:04 pm

iv'e checked the code you linked to and it works fine here .
let me know of any changes you made to the code , setup values etc
and details of your interface . the interface as shown in the link , does work exactly as posted

Dave

dalaura10

Postby dalaura10 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:20 pm

dalaura10

Postby dalaura10 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:35 pm

let me know of any changes you made to the code

Hello Cncbasher
I have not made any changes in the code, I used as I downloaded, did dawnload and sent to the Arduino.
set my pins at the driver who has the program, This I did, The Arduino is configured on COM5, and the CW is also on COM5.

dalaura10

Postby dalaura10 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:43 pm

cncbasher

Postby cncbasher » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:48 pm

can you detail the changes you made to the arduino code
and the settings of the dip switches of the stepper driver

you can check if the board is at least communicating correctly by opening the arduino terminal
setting to the com port to use and baud of 115200
in the send box put : <INIT###'#'#
then press send
it should return the word: ok
that will at least check the communications is ok ..

in CW make sure Machine connection is correctly set to the comport used and baud rate

you should also find if the communications are working your onboard leds on your arduino will flash when data is sent and received
you need at least to modify the arduino code to the correct step values
to calibrate the number of steps per mm
and adjust the stepper driver switches to the correct microstepping steps

without knowing the switch settings you have on your stepper drivers , or what ballscrew tpi / threaded rod your using
it's difficult to know if these are correct for your setup , see the arduino code for the setup information
and let me know what you have

you can attach using the upload attachment tab when posting