z axis calibration

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
faffer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

z axis calibration

Postby faffer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi Steve, My first print turned out just great using your software. I've run into a bit of a problem on the z axis calibration. I've attached some pictures. There seems to be a drift as the z axis distance increases, is there a way to do fine adjustments? or is this a firmware problem? I'm using the Uncia
Attachments
Archive.zip
(900.55 KiB) Downloaded 646 times

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: z axis calibration

Postby PacManFan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:40 am

Can you determine how much it's off by?

Start at a position, and move the z axis 100mm using the software. Measure it and let me know how much it's off by.
Thanks,
-Steve

faffer

Postby faffer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:21 pm

off by 3mm for 100 mm travel

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:44 am

faffer

Postby faffer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:22 am

I did an accurate measurement today 102.8 mm

faffer

Postby faffer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:22 am

Brandon Pomeroy picked up my thread on this issue and did a mod on CW .I get 99.60 :)
attaching his file

dangre

Postby dangre » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:14 am

Did this ever get resolved? If so what was the solution?
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:22 am

dangre, the problem was that CWS approximates the Uncia's steps per mm to be 90, when the actual value is closer to 87. I posted a recompiled version of CWS that had the correct value on the Uncia Google Group.