Is there a fast slice software for DLP machine?

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
snowzk1990
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Is there a fast slice software for DLP machine?

Postby snowzk1990 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:04 am

Hi, i'm the beginner in 3D printer. And now i have a DLP based print machine.
But there is a problem, my machine uses MiicraftSlicer.py who calls skeinforge slices the STL file to svg files and then calls ImageMagik to convert those svg files to png image and generates the idx file.
As you know , the file which writes in python implements of low efficiency, so i use Creation Workshop instead. But the sliced png images generate by Creation Workshop don't work on my machine. And i don't know why.
Can Creation Workshop slices the STL file to a svg file or files? Or maybe there are other problems in it?
If you have other slice software for DLP printer, i hope you can tell me, thank you !
Looking forward to your reply!

snowzk

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Is there a fast slice software for DLP machine?

Postby PacManFan » Wed May 07, 2014 10:15 am

Szzer

Postby Szzer » Fri May 09, 2014 8:25 am

I'dont exactly understand the problem.

But if you want to get a slicer that outputs svg-files, Slic3r is a good option.
Reading SVG files in Python is a bit of a challange, but definetly possible. (I am writting code in python to do exactly that at this moment for my printer)

snowzk1990

Postby snowzk1990 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:29 am

snowzk1990

Postby snowzk1990 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:58 am

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue May 13, 2014 11:20 am

It sounds like you haven't configured a monitor. I should write some better error checking for this. In the machine configuration, there are two lists of monitors. Te left hand list shows all the monitors attached to your system. The right hand list shows the monitor(s) you've configured your machine to use. You can move a monitor from the 'All' list to the 'configured' list by using the '+' button. Once it's in the configured list, you can click on it and configure it (serial control, etc...)
Let me know if this helps. I'm going to make a few code changes to make sure it is configured by default.