Uncia Hi performance system kit

General support for the Uncia printer
firecardenal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Uncia Hi performance system kit

Postby firecardenal » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:15 pm

After several attempts to control the surface tension, finally I have a system that works properly to print on 100,75,50,35,20,10 microns.
This system can be found only on hi end professional printers as Ultra by EnvisionTec.

Forget the problems caused by surface tension, such as bulging effect and others.

https://youtu.be/WGl24ju_1yo

More
information and download for free all the parts and files to make and print at my thingiverse channel.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:910771
Last edited by firecardenal on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

dangre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Uncia Hi performance system kit

Postby dangre » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:48 am

Very nice design. Can you explain the tilt-up box? Also a quick overview would be appreciated.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi dangre

Of course.
The real problem with printers with top-down system is the surface tension.
It is impossible to print without repercussions ranging from simple to real disasters.
There are systems that help leveling and smoothing the surface but do not control the surface tension.

The surface tension is the cause of the swelling effect and many other problems related to quality.

The cover of this container has a teflon film on the surface which contacts the resin, this prevents sticking in the top.
The primary function of this system is to flatten the resin against building platform, canceling completely the surface tension.
Also controls the entire level of the resin throughout the print job so exceptional quality is achieved.

dangre

Postby dangre » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Ahhh, now I get it. So its like a flex vat on a bottom-up machine but everything is upside-down. Do you have any issues with sticking to the teflon instead of the build platform? This is the biggest issue with bottom-up. Very intriguing.
Dan
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Exactly as you said. It is a hybrid system.

No Dan. no problem. my platform has many holes where the resin is perfectly anchor. The Muve film product works perfectly, thank you very much.

JohnGay

Postby JohnGay » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:06 am

Love this idea! Might have a look after I get my printer working! Thanx!

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 am

Hi John

And it works really well. ;)

Just make sure you do everything very precise. to work properly.

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:04 pm

So, in your opinion, what are the pro´s using this setup over bottom-up in generell? My biggest pro would be that its possible to acchieve serious high print speeds when using top-down due to the surface contact to oxygen.

Having a non permeable film totally kills this pro, in my opinion.

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:08 pm

I could not answer your question with certainty. I am not an expert, but I think if the big guys are doing, should be good.

I can tell you that this opens a new opportunity to top down printers to competing in quality.

dangre

Postby dangre » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:39 pm

I thought the big guys use a wiper system (and a laser). I'm not sold on the film as that is my biggest issue with my bottom-up but I hope you prove us wrong (adherence issues, stretching on larger parts/heat, degrading over time, increasing exposure time).
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP