Step by Step guide to using CWS firmware

General support for the Uncia printer
PomeroyB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Step by Step guide to using CWS firmware

Postby PomeroyB » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:46 am

Light bleeding is when the projector "draws outside the lines". When you project a 10mm square, the image on the resin doesn't have a completely sharp edge -- when the light hits the surface, it diffuses horizontally. This makes layers fuzzy, rather than crisp. Since the amount that the light bleeds depends on the pigments that it must diffuse through, each layer isn't uniformly fuzzy, so you end up with uneven looking lines.

It can be avoided by adding more pigment to the resin, and by using colors that tend to completely absorb UV light. Red/orange/yellow are some of the best colors to print with, wheres purple/blue would be some of the worst. Since your resin is orange, I would guess that the problem comes from the fact that it's slightly transparent... Adding some pigment to make the resin opaque may help. I use MakerJuice Red G+, which is pre-pigmented, and doesn't seem to bleed any noticeable amount.

Projection time is how long the image is projected each layer. For me, the first three layers are projected for 10 seconds, and each subsequent layer is projected for 6 seconds.

Dwell time is the time when it dips between each layer change. The bed moves down 5mm to completely cover the print, then back up 4.9mm to be .1mm lower than the previous layer. However, when it comes back up, the resin bulges over it. To avoid that, you dwell for some amount of time (Mine is at 7600 milliseconds). IN CWS, this is known as the "Lift and Sequence Time".

Resin expires after about 6 months, so you're probably fine. I had resin that I bought over a year before I ever used it... it didn't work out!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable