Little RP2 - Setup and issues

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GFJwatches
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Little RP2 - Setup and issues

Postby GFJwatches » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:10 am

Hey everyone,

I have received my Little RP2 the extended height and build area version. Managed to set it up (probably incorrectly).

I have been using B9 Black resin, and the project is the Acer X152H

My main issue is when im trying to focus the projector (Acer X152H) i'm unable to get all of the focus lines square and to fit in the actual build area.
IMG_1709.JPG

I also dont think i should have to have the projector like this.
IMG_1708.JPG

And there seems to be a few to many left overs :O
IMG_1710.JPG

Would also like to know where i can get replacement film and foam for the vat.

Find a few prints i have done here.
http://imgur.com/a/iMBVa

Cheers :-)

goopyplastic

Re: Little RP2 - Setup and issues

Postby goopyplastic » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Generally you don't want to tilt the projector, in your case adding more of the 20mm white circular spacers to make the printer taller will let you return the projector to a flat plane.

Not having all the lines on the buildplate may or may not be an issue, if you just avoid the very outer perimeter when laying out your parts it won't cause an issue. Other options are to make sure the zoom ring is all the way unzoomed, the x152h also has a second set of mounting holes that are more forward that will result in a smaller projected image.

If the x152h runs into the square base in this forward position, that is what those two long skinny plates are for they replace the square base leaving the center open. With the x152h removing (pulling off) the front silver focus ring of the projector will give you more room to work with.

http://imgur.com/lhA0sIb

Nice prints, what kind of layer times are you using with the b9 black? typically b9 resins can be pretty slow.

GFJwatches

Postby GFJwatches » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:33 am

Thanks,
So i have made the projector level again and tried to change the height of the printer side by adding the long skinny plates to the front and a extra 20mm spacer. (I think that's what you meant to do?)
IMG_1712.JPG

By doing this has actually put the gird nearly dead center on the mirror which is great. :D
IMG_1713.JPG

I have also moved the projector into the 25micron position (i had it in the 37 and had the computer printing at 25)
But after doing this im unable to get a focus. What do i do now?

**I have also scratchedthe acrylic plate that goes under the vat.
Can i please purchase another as well as more of the VAT consumables, whilst setting up etc i have already destroyed two of the films and foams.
IMG_1711.JPG

As for the B9 Black resin settings i have been using the following: (still a little sticky to the vat so have to lower the exposure times).
Slice thickness 0.025
Exposure Per Layer 6000
Bottom layers exposure time 16000 #with 4 layers

Could you also explain anti-aliasing and if i should have it on for jewellery prints?

Thank you!!! :)

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:27 am

Correct the new spacer arrangement looks right for forward posistion x152h in eba mode.

Regarding focus, is your projector unmodified? If not you can either modify the projector for close focus or move it back to the other position and avoid the perimeter. I have linked a good guide on the github for modifying the x152h: github.com/goopyplastic/littlerp2

I will be putting up replacement parts this weekend in the web store once I've taken pictures of them, you will be able to order these parts then!

Just as an FYI, the EBA is also meant to work with https://www.seemecnc.com/products/unive ... n-printers

B9 resins are pretty tough on teflon film for some reason, they are tuned for PDMS so for whatever resin they seem to really beat up the teflon.

I don't have a definitive answer regarding whether anti-aliasing should help, I know B9 has said that either the voxel fully forms or it doesnt..
However Autodesk is a big proponent of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=867thaE1O7s

I think I usually use a value of 3.5 or so, nanodlp uses a default of 8x but I'm not sure in practice how much difference it makes, it certainly probably won't hurt though! besides taking longer to slice.

GFJwatches

Postby GFJwatches » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Thank you sir!!
So i went to github.com/goopyplastic/littlerp2 and followed the guide to modify the projector. (Was easy thankfully) :D

Thank you for putting up the parts that will make life easy, can you also supply the files to laser cut our own?
(Also im getting these following errors when trying to check out)
Sorry, Replacement Vat Film Set - EBA Size does not ship to Australia.
Sorry, Replacement Vat Window - EBA Size does not ship to Australia.
Sorry, First Surface Mirror - EBA Size does not ship to Australia.

Ok will check that out, is there meant to be any benefits?

Thanks again for you help so far its been great. :)

After modififing the projector i had to print the calibrationgrid and scale the build size down in CW as my X,Y were really out.

Now that the projector is in the correct 25micron position and calibrated the prints are coming out very nice.

I will post up some examples once this batch is done.

On another note, Any chance i could have your internal ring support that you have made? It looks very nice. Does it break out nice?

Ta

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:43 am

International shipping calculation is pretty off with bigcartel, it wasn't a big problem when most people were buying just a kit but with accessories it's problematic. So I have added a notice on the item pages to just contact me with what you want and city / zipcode etc. and I will generate an accurate quote for you.

I do have the DXF's in my github if you want to lasercut the films / foams.