MakerJuice SF Red Separating in FlexVat?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bminie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MakerJuice SF Red Separating in FlexVat?

Postby bminie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:42 am

Hello,

I recently switched from the MadeSolid Vorex resin to the MakerJuice SF Red and I am seeing some separation of the pigment of the MakerJuice resin while in the vat. I was running a print that lasted about 2 hours and upon completion it looks like on the edges of the FlexVat there is clear two liquid phases: one that is clear and the settled red pigment. I throughly mixed the resin before putting it in the vat just before starting the print. This doesn't seem to be affecting the quality of the prints as color and layer height all looks to be uniform through the print. Have other people seen this issue with the MakerJuice resin and if so is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,
Brian

goopyplastic

Re: MakerJuice SF Red Separating in FlexVat?

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:20 pm

How old is the Makerjuice? I know they added an agent at some point to slow down the settling. I believe they are also switching to dyes very soon so there won't be a settling issue. 2 hours seems a little quick but settling during printing is common particularly with the lrp versions that have extra pigment. I generally restir with a finger between each print. You might also try funtodo deepblack.

bminie

Postby bminie » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:58 pm

I tried both a bottle I had that was about 6 months old and a new bottle I received yesterday and I am seeing the same issue with both bottles. During the print, I paused, stirred, and restarted and I didn't run into any issues with the print which is great. Does the G+ resin experience a similar settling or is it specific to the SF? Also, will the G+ resin print as well as the SF on the LittleRP?

Thanks,
Brian

cooly

Postby cooly » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:26 am