B9_yellow castable resin.

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hirenashra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

B9_yellow castable resin.

Postby hirenashra » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:33 am

Hi all,

Anybody had good results with this?

I would like to know what your exposure settings are too. I'm using an unmodified Acer P1500 with flexvat.

Many thanks!

Just to add, I've been trying to print with this with epic failures! :(

The resin just doesn't stick to my plate!!!!! Got the first 10 layers at 80000 and still failing. Damn this is frustrating!

Mattasmack

Re: B9_yellow castable resin.

Postby Mattasmack » Sun May 08, 2016 2:27 pm

I'm using B9 Emerald rather than yellow, but since no one else is responding I'll jump in with my experience. The resin does require a whole lot more exposure than others I've used, like Makerjuice G+. And it seems to stick to my flexvat more as well. I scratched up my build platform with 240 grit sandpaper, but I did so before I started using the B9 resin, so I don't know if it was needed specifically for this resin.

I started with an unmodified projector (different from your model) but needed layer exposure times of nearly 20 seconds, so I removed the UV filter from the lamp and brought the exposure time down to 3 - 3.5 seconds. I generally use 2-3 times the normal exposure time for the first half-dozen layers.

I had to increase the lift distance to about 5 mm to ensure that the print would release from the vat at each layer. (With G+, the print peeled loose with a lift of 2-3 mm.) If the print fails to completely peel loose from the flexvat, it is likely to fail on the next layer.

The resin is pretty thick. I found that I need to add a delay of a few seconds before exposure on each layer to let the resin finish flowing. The first several layers need a much longer delay. I also drilled a few small holes in my (hollow) build platform to help resin flow out of the space between the flexvat and platform on those early layers.

Because the B9 resin is much more strongly tinted than some other resins, you have to make sure your platform is really up against the flexvat and levelled for the first layer. I tend to print things that have no flat base, so they are entirely up on supports and don't touch the build platform themselves. That allows me to push the platform into the flexvat just a hair to make sure there isn't a gap that would cause the first layer to fail to stick. The first several layers of the print end up distorted, but because they are just supports anyway I don't have to worry about it.

hirenashra

Postby hirenashra » Sun May 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Hey I really appreciate the feedback mattasmack!

This has helped me a little. I'm going to adjust the Z speed first and go from there.

Many thanks again for your help.

Mattasmack

Postby Mattasmack » Sun May 08, 2016 8:22 pm

My pleasure! Best of luck with it.

hirenashra

Postby hirenashra » Mon May 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Mattasmack

Postby Mattasmack » Tue May 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Are you using Creation Workshop to control your printer or generate a job? If so, you need to increase the "lift and sequence time" parameter. As far as whatever is running your printer is concerned, the gcode lines that move the platform happen instantly. That parameter tells the program how long to wait for the lift sequence to run. Its length should match the time it takes to make all the motor moves associated with the lift sequence plus however long of a delay you want between the lift sequence and displaying the next layer.

If you've edited the gcode manually, the 'lift and sequence time' box on the slicing profile options tab matches the $BlankTime parameter on the gcode tab. (Make sure you haven't deleted the " ;<Delay> $BlankTime " line or, if you have, make sure you have your own delay command that gives the necessary delay.)

If you're using other software I don't have a specific recommendation, but somewhere there should be a delay parameter that you have to increase.

hirenashra

Postby hirenashra » Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 am

Many thanks!

Just put the right amount of delay and sequence looks good!

Still have yet to try the B9 yellow. Hope this works!

Thanks again for your help Mattasmack. :D