Print problem resolved

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jon_bondy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Print problem resolved

Postby jon_bondy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:38 am

I was having problems printing Vorex on the LittleRP. There were two symptoms: very rough surfaces (with little spikes sticking out) and soft "gunk" all over the print. Turns out that the front surface of the projector lens was dirty, as was the mirror. Both looked OK when inspected casually, but the prints improved dramatically after really cleaning the front surface of the projector lens, and replacing the mirror. My theory is that the light was getting spread just enough that parts of the print that were not supposed to cure became partially cured, thus the "gunk" and spikes.

James

Re: Print problem resolved

Postby James » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:47 am

Interesting conclusion! I'll have to keep that one in mind. Thanks for posting. :)
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

James

Re: Print problem resolved

Postby James » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:12 am

I have loads of FDM failed prints but no SLA failures.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)