FEP vat for the LittleRP?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
dangre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: FEP vat for the LittleRP?

Postby dangre » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Do not touch the FEP with any abrasive cloth like paper towel. My FEP clean method is:
Drain resin
Rinse with dish soap detergent (breaks up resin like oil on a pan)
- I use a gloved finger to work in soap (no abrasive cloth)
Rinse with water
Dry with compressed air
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:35 am

Research Chemist

EtherBunny
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby EtherBunny » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Just got my FEP vat from HTL as well, mounted it to my littlerp, tensed it up, and has been printing beautifully all day. Very nice work, HTL!

lab

Postby lab » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:08 am

Anyone from Germany/Berlin here interested in buying the vat to share shipping costs?

Wonderdog

Postby Wonderdog » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:50 am

FEP Vat installed, took about 3 minutes - didnt even have to change the mounting bolts etc!

Having it sit higher up than the original petri's made focussing the projector even easier - I actually had some downfocus / zoom room due to the added distance. Result!

Going to run a calibration block through it - the deep black F2D is a bit of an unknown quantity given the changes to the VAT affecting cure times and lift speeds and such, so I'll be flying blind... wish me luck!

brochr

Postby brochr » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:54 pm

Hi All

Like others I found the FEP vat simple to install and focus - a great design.

I am curious if anyone has been using the close up lenses as recommended by HL. I am using an P1500 with the projector mounted at the second holes as this was the best position for the petri. By moving the build plane further from the projector, the projected image of course is enlarged so when I use the FEP vat it is (roughly) 25% larger.

My thought is that to make the changeover between vats reasonably efficient, I would install a closeup lens. It is much easier to remove this and swap the vat when swapping to a petri.

It would be good to know if anyone has done this or something similar

bminie

Postby bminie » Mon May 02, 2016 9:43 pm

What have people been doing with the vat between runs? Do people leave it tensioned or do the relax the tension after cleaning and then re-tension?