FTD (FunToDo) resins on LittleRP?

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
Wonderdog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: FTD (FunToDo) resins on LittleRP?

Postby Wonderdog » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:21 am

Just ordered one!

Nitros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nitros » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:18 am

Hi All,

I have a problem with FTD standard blend and the PDMS petri Dish, it seem every time i print the PDMS break like that the resin Stick to the PDMS and the print fail and the PDSM ruined.
Do you guys think if i add pigments will solve this issue?
If so what pigments do i need to use?

Thanks

hp_

Postby hp_ » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi Nitros,

did you check the new FTD F1+ resin?
since formlab also use pdms i would think this resin would be ideal for your pdms petri dish.

hp

seblos

Postby seblos » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:34 am

Ring resin castable Funtodo.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nitros

Postby Nitros » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:30 am

@seblos Is that with LittleRP?

hp_

Postby hp_ » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:43 pm

@seblos, a really nice print!! Congrats.

cheers,
hp

seblos

Postby seblos » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:24 pm

HP thanks!!

Head-Zonk Studios

Postby Head-Zonk Studios » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:59 am

Has anyone here tried anything with FTD Deep Black? I'm having a lot of trouble here and I need to get this working.

radi2k

Postby radi2k » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi Head-Zonk Studios,

just bought a bottle of FTD Deep Black but not used it yet.

Over at Facebook (this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1794515314104435/) there was a thread (this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/1794515 ... 223830677/) also talking about this resin. The founder of Gizmo 3D Printers said that this resin seems to be hard to deal with. Seems like it needs much more exposure time due to the pigments.

For me, the FTD Snow White and Standard Blend just worked like a charm! Still need to test the Deep Black :mrgreen:

Greetings,
radi2k

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:17 pm

I just started using the FTD Black resin to replace the Vorex I was using. The exposure times appear to be comparable, and I've made perhaps a dozen parts that have turned out nicely.

I just started making some small parts (1/2" x 1/2") and suddenly they are tearing little divots out of the petri dish coating. Sometimes they end up stuck to the disk, separating from the build plate. I can try sanding the build plate again, but if the prints are sticking to the petri that tenaciously, that may keep the prints on the build plate, but still tear holes in the coating.

Anyone have a similar experience? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Jon