Stretched prints with FEP VAT

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Floreum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Stretched prints with FEP VAT

Postby Floreum » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:13 am

Hello, sometime ago I got the LittleRP from the original kickstarter and never quite got to use it until now, I bought a FEP VAT (flexvat) when i decided to finally start learning how to use the thing. I bought FunToDo Snow White resin and added red pigment. My prints are coming out beautifully except they are stretched along the Z Axis only.

I am using Creation Workshop and I've tried tons of different exposure settings and messed around with the lift speeds, even changed the FEP film thinking that was the case and it doesn't seem like it is. I've tried different approached to adding supports to my test model and it doesn't seem like it's making any differences. I have noticed that every time the build plate lifts, the FEP gets pulled a little but I can't seem to be able to get it to stop doing that, so I'm not sure if that's what's stretching my prints. Ultimately can't figure out what the problem is.

If I were to guess it must be a Z stepping issue, but I haven't got much of a clue how to fix that. I let a stretched print finish and it stretched so much it hit the limit of what the machine is capable and started crashing at the top of the machine. In Creation Workshop it shows the model shouldn't be anywhere close to the top.

Here's a gallery of my settings/prints if that helps at all (I probably shouldn't have printed some of these so big when testing)

goopyplastic

Re: Stretched prints with FEP VAT

Postby goopyplastic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Sorry for the delay in answering this, things have been pretty nuts here with fires and floods. The steps per mm are likely incorrect in grbl. You can either increase the microstepping by adding an extra jumper, or change the steps per mm value.

Can you take a pic of your controller board and what steps per mm grbl is using for z? You can connect to the arduino with a program like pronterface @ 9600 baud on the comport of the usb serial. If you type $ it will dump your values.

Floreum

Re: Stretched prints with FEP VAT

Postby Floreum » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:16 pm