Hello form San Diego

Take some time to introduce yourself!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CtrlZ
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello form San Diego

Postby CtrlZ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Hello to all!

It's hard to imagine this even being a possibility to create a 3D printer on your own, with everything it take to get all the components working together to make it work.

My name is Clint and I'm from San Diego CA. I'm very experienced in working with 3D printers and had thought it would be cool to create one for a very long time. Thank goodness I stumbled on this Forum!

I'm interested in building a DLP 3D printer with a Bottom up design.

I'm not sure where I should begin so I'm asking anyone that can help me get started.

Thank you,

CtrlZ.
aka Clint :)

hp_

Re: Hello form San Diego

Postby hp_ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi Clint,

Welcome!

What do you want to know?

Cheers,
hp_

CtrlZ

Re: Hello form San Diego

Postby CtrlZ » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi Hp!

Thanks for responding.

I'm wanting to build a DLP 3D printer that can create good detail.

I guess my first question would be how difficult is it to do? Ans what do I need to get a high level of accuracy?

Also, I notice that some people put a mirror to projecting the light source. how come you need a mirror, can you just point the projector directly in front of the resin?