Industrial Designer from Vancouver, BC Canada

Take some time to introduce yourself!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nicanor76
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Industrial Designer from Vancouver, BC Canada

Postby nicanor76 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:16 am

Hello, I'm Nick. I'm American raised, moved to Canada for school (industrial design) and stuck around here. I haven't started my project yet but plan to designing my DLP setup soon. I've built some 3-axis CNC machines before in the past so am familiar with similar technology. I have a personal workshop that I do wood and metal work in.

My grad project (2010) was a modular CNC machine, which I've started to see some similar concepts recently (not sure if my project influenced them or not?) I called it the RedBlue CNC, got some traction on design blogs and still get occasional request today (though was only a functional concept prototype)

I won a Makerbot 2 in 2010 in a design competition, was quickly disappointed how that was. Now ready for something more professional quality.

Thanks!

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Industrial Designer from Vancouver, BC Canada

Postby PacManFan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:46 am

Welcome to the forums! Browse around, and let me know if you have any specific questions.
-Steve

Phife

Postby Phife » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:51 am

Welcome!

Nice to have a fellow British Colombian on the board.. Im also Named Nick, or Nico. Im in Kelowna and Im developing an LCD based 3d printer. If youre ever out this way you should stop on by my shop!

Theres a great group of people here, so make yourself at home!

Liquid Garden

Postby Liquid Garden » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:49 am

Welcome! I'm from BC originally! This is a great forum and Steve has done a tremendous job with Creation Workshop.