Hey from Germany

Take some time to introduce yourself!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Helmi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hey from Germany

Postby Helmi » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:20 am

Hi guys,

i'm Frank - still not 40 years old and from southern germany ;) . I'm into (FDM) 3d printing for quite some while and did lot's of printer builds from different types. I even built one myself that is running as a prototype for some months now and will probably be released open source throughout the year.

For some weeks now my interest raises for SL printing and my focus goes to DLP of course. It's great that this forum exists and that you guys already run some blogs that i already subscribed to - thanks for sharing your work.

Currently i'm still trying to get an overview about what's needed and what different things are for as my knowledge is quite basic until now. To my luck i already have most parts in my shop: steppers, Ramps/Rumba electronics incl. steppers, endstops, some meter aluminum profiles. So i think i will start building in the near future. Until then i have to find out where the big mistakes are that one could make so i don't need to make them on my first print.

This is especially:

- what beamer to use
- how to build a good vat
- how to tilt
- what to use for the vat bottom

My primary goal is quality for a decent price. I'm not trying to go cheapest but i also didn't win the lottery so i try to keep it on a good pricing level for a as high as possible quality - print speed isn't my primary goal tho of course it will be taken into account.

Is there already some Wiki going on where information is collected?

Well i think that was way much for a first post. Did i say thanks already? To be sure: Thanks for sharing your experience :) 8-)
Frank /

johnrpm

Re: Hey from Germany

Postby johnrpm » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:32 am

Welcome Frank, good to have you with us.
Their is a lot of info on the forum, but scattered about, I always think the first build is
to suck it and see, then build a second to get it right.
Random Precision

Helmi

Re: Hey from Germany

Postby Helmi » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:57 am

Thanks John.

Yeah i thought what you wrote about the first and the second printer but i try to avoid some of the "first" errors due to your input in the forums :oops:
Frank /