Daylight Polymer 3D Printer

Post, review and discuss any commercial machines. Try to include links, specifications and prices.
Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Daylight Polymer 3D Printer

Postby Kvirre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:06 am

Any thoughts on this one?
http://www.photocentric3d.com/

I am quite interested in buying some of this resin and give a go.
One could build a very slim printer with an iPad screen and NanoDLP.

Still, I am worried about bleeding and resolution for this resin.
Have not seen any perfect prints or details so far.

What do you guys make of it?

Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Daylight Polymer 3D Printer

Postby Kvirre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:25 pm

Made an order for a bottle of their resin, gray hard. Will do some experiments on my iPad.

I did however realize that an iPad with nanoDLP
Would not work do to limitation in resolution through HDMI. No worries since there are decent 7" - (1200x800) displays on eBay. There might be a solution using Veency through USB.

Please get back to me if you know how do that.

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:15 am

definitely interested. Price seems to be pretty good also. Will have to give it a try

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 am

Also I think some of the resolution issues come from the fact their printer has an XY resolution of 220 microns

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi,

Since I am determined to run nanoDLP i did some research.
Apperently the pi does not support output beyoned full HD.
This means that the solutions we saw at this forum using iPad retina is not possible (through HDMI).

Also, I did experiments with VNC to iPad, fail (nanoDLP is not running X).

So that left me with this screen (10" - 1920x1200 < approx 110 microns) that may or may not work - PLEASE give me feedback.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-VGA-2AV-Re ... xyDoZSJ3K8

I also read that adheasion may not be such a problem using this resin (please read fabbaloos article)
"But what of the sticking-to-the-bottom-of-the-tank problem that occurs in almost every other 3D printer that uses the bottom-up approach? Photocentric explained that their system’s very low energy is very different from others who use “far too much energy” when blasting UV at the resin. For them, this is what fuses the solidified resin to the tank. In Photocentric’s approach, they use very little energy so the resin solidifies without fusing to the PFA tank."

shahin

Postby shahin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:35 am

shahin

Postby shahin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:44 am

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:51 am

shahin

Postby shahin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:59 pm

We had developed fpga based solution for a display in past its too much trouble considering ipad's resolution already surpassed by sony z5 premium 4k display.

I think a custom app for android and ios, paired with custom nanodlp could be much more future proof.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:21 am

Hi,

Found this instruction on their VAT construction.
http://media.wix.com/ugd/bee1f3_d8409aa ... 60fb84.pdf

seems like the FEP film rest directly on the display.
Curious on how well it remains it's seal throughout the printing process,
since it's only held up with double-sided sticky tape.