LOCA glue to glue FEP to plexiglass or quartzglass?

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LOCA glue to glue FEP to plexiglass or quartzglass?

Postby hp_ » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:50 pm

I was just going through some clips on youtube and a stubled upon :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlZngvuKzsY

I was wondering is it possible to glue FEP film on plexiglass this way?it looks like its not hard at all to put on FEP, and not generate bubbles.

questions that do raise up, how well is LOCA glue resistend to UV light.

the cool think about it, you can also buy UV LOCA glue remover, when you fep film gets damaged, just replace it..
i wonder though if FEP is easy to glue to glass...

i also found wiki page on this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_opt ... r_adhesive

johnrpm

Re: LOCA glue to glue FEP to plexiglass or quartzglass?

Postby johnrpm » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:06 am

Nice find,
I wonder, if the glue is cured by UV, then would it become less clear after many hours
of UV ???, only way is to try.
Random Precision