Flex VAT with hard bottom

Various topics related to Vat design, construction and coatings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dragokirov
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Flex VAT with hard bottom

Postby dragokirov » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 am

Make your VAT as you know. You can use glass or acrylic. I recommend 2-3mm acrylic for tanning - processed easily and pass all spectrum of UV. Drill a hole in the bottom outside of the building area, 4-5mm is enough. Cover the bottom with nonstick sheet and fix it with silicone or super glue only on the edges. The fixing must be hermetically. I used my material, but i think it can be make with FEP film with another fixing. The hole does not allow a vacuum and the VAT works much better than without hole.
Drago
P.S. The curing time is shortened, I can not understand why.

SIDRANA

Re: Flex VAT with hard bottom

Postby SIDRANA » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Hello; Dragokirov;

Kindly post the estimated time of availability of your product, I am interested in purchasing about three pieces in about larger than 150 x 220 mm size. I have attached couple of photos; This is my interchangeable universal VAT frame.

Warm Regards
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 9.20.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 9.20.23 AM.png